The SLSA has been running an Annual Conference since the association was founded in 1990. Our conferences are central to our objective of the dissemination of knowledge in the field of socio-legal studies. For details about all previous conferences, please visit our past conferences page. To see more pictures of past Annual Conferences, visit our photo album.
For further details of our popular 'streams and themes' format visit our Streams section.
- 5–7 April 2017, Newcastle University: registration is open. Please see website for details.
- 27–29 March 2018, Bristol University
- 3–5 April 2019, Leeds University
Recent past conferences
University of Lancaster, 5–7 April 2016
In the spring of 2016, the SLSA gathered in Lancaster for a packed three days with a record number of streams and themes. The conference website has a wealth of information about the conference as does the programme.
A strong field of entrants in the poster competition resulted in the judges awarding first prize to two people. See our poster exhibition page for details.
University of Warwick, 31 March–2 April 2015
The SLSA annual conference 2015 was hosted by the University of Warwick. The conference organisers were Jonathan Garton and Maebh Harding. The conference was a huge success attracting 450 delegates from the UK and abroad.
Robert Gordon University, 9–11 April 2014
York Law School, University of York, 26–28 March 2013
The 2013 conference was hosted by York Law School. Around 350 delegates attended. Highlights included:
- brand new Law School building
- over 250 papers in our popular ‘streams and themes format’
- plenary speaker: Baroness Hale of Richmond
- doctoral students’ poster competition and
- SLSA prizewinners author-meets-reader sessions.
Baroness Hale has kindly made the text of her plenary address available for download.
The poster competition was launched at this conference. See our poster exhibition page for details.