Important information for SLSA members planning to attend the Annual Conference
Derry-Londonderry 4–6 April 2023Registration closed
A number of delegates have reported difficulty obtaining accommodation for the conference. Meanwhile, some hotels in Derry-Londonderry are reporting that they have only received a limited number of conference-related bookings so far – in contrast to the very high levels of interest in the event.
Many of the local hotels have held rooms specifically for SLSA delegates, often at preferential rates. These rooms can only be booked by following the instructions below. They are not currently available through the hotels' public booking systems, so some may appear to be fully booked when in reality there are rooms available to delegates.
- City Hotel – city centre hotel with gym and pool, 10 mins walk from the conference venue. Book here to access conference delegate rates (from £115 per night). Contact 028 7136 5800.
- Everglades Hotel – outlying hotel, venue for conference dinner, 10 mins drive from the conference venue. Contact 028 7132 1066 or
- Maldron Hotel – city centre hotel, 15 mins walk from the conference venue. Contact 02871371000 to access the conference delegate rate (from £80 per night)
- Premier Inn - outlying hotel on ring road, 15 mins drive from the conference venue. No conference rate, use main website to book
- Waterfoot Hotel – outlying riverside hotel, 10 mins drive from the conference venue. Contact 02871345500 to access conference delegate rates.
- White Horse Hotel – outlying hotel near City of Derry Airport, 15 mins drive from conference venue. Contact 02871860606 or
Rooms will only be held, and conference rates will only be available, until 4 March 2023 at the latest (some hotels have begun to release rooms for general sale from late February), so please book early to avoid disappointment. Once the ‘held’ rooms have been released they will be available to book through the hotels’ main websites, at full price and while stocks last. Various other hotel, guesthouse/B&B or self-catering accommodation options are available in Derry-Londonderry – check your usual booking site. A shuttle bus will serve the Everglades, Waterfoot and White Horse, with pick-ups in the city centre and at Da Vinci's. We will consider extending the shuttle service to the Premier Inn depending on demand.
Aircoach links Derry-Londonderry with Belfast International Airport, Dublin Airport and Dublin city centre. The discount code DerryConf10 can be used when booking on the Aircoach website. From Belfast city centre, use Ulsterbus service 212 or NI Railways. If you arrive to Belfast City Airport or the Port of Belfast, you should take the Metro bus to the city centre and continue by Ulsterbus or train. City of Derry Airport has an infrequent bus service but is a short taxi ride from Derry-Londonderry.
We will cover postgraduate delegates' travel costs from these locations – you will receive an email in due course to discuss your requirements.
Thanks again for your support for the conference. We look forward to welcoming you to Derry-Londonderry from 4 April!