SLSA Prizewinners 2023
The SLSA Prizewinners were announced on 5 April 2023 at this year's Annual Gala Dinner in Derry-Londonderry, hosted by the University of Ulster. Many congratulations to all!
At the same event, Professor Richard Collier also received his Prize for Contributions to the Socio-Legal Community which was announced in the Socio-Legal Newsletter in November 2022.
Hart–SLSA Book Prize
- Silvana Tapia Tapia (2022) Feminism, Violence Against Women and Law Reform: Decolonial Lessons from Ecuador Routledge
Hart–SLSA Prize for Early Career Academics
- Jaime T Lindsey (2022) Reimagining the Court of Protection: Access to Justice in Mental Capacity Law Cambridge University Press
SLSA Theory and History Prize
- Sharon Thompson (2022) Quiet Revolutionaries: The Married Women’s Association and Family Law Hart
SLSA Article Prize
- Natalie Ohana (2021) ‘The politics of the production of knowledge on trauma: the Grenfell Tower Inquiry’ 48(4) Journal of Law and Society 497–523
- Katie Morris, 'Caring about food: rethinking the UK's approach to the right to food through Tronto's political theory of care'
- Damarie Kalonzo, 'Kenya’s colonial welfare legacy and its impact on care for children with disabilities'
- Alanna Kells, 'The legal and ethical implications of the use of ectogenesis for space colonization'
SLSA Impact Prize
- Host institution: University of Liverpool with lead delivery partner Citizens Advice Liverpool
- Research team: Dr James Organ and Dr Jennifer Sigafoos, School of Law and Social Justice, University of Liverpool, and Dr Sophie Wickham, Institute of Population Health, University of Liverpool
- Liverpool Access to Advice Network