Sussex Centre for Human Rights Research
Sussex Law School, University of Sussex
The Sussex Centre for Human Rights Research was launched in August 2015. The core aim of the centre is to foster a vibrant research culture for human rights researchers within the Sussex Law School. The centre's work has a global as well as national focus, adopting a range of different approaches to human rights research (e.g. doctrinal, critical, theoretical, practical and inter-disciplinary).
The centre has adopted the following objectives:
- To provide a focus for developing new research activity, supporting and encouraging a programme of research and publications in and related to human rights law;
- To build the capacity and development of individual and collaborative research projects and bids;
- To feed into human rights debates and collaborate with relevant organisations, locally, nationally and internationally;
- To contribute to the University’s commitment to inter-disciplinarity; and
- To attract high-quality postgraduate students to our LLM and PhD programmes.